Treat Dad To A Break In Rotorua This Fathers Day
We love Dads and we love our city at Rotorua Super Passes – with so much going on all the time and so many great people to meet, it’s hard not to! A lot of Dads and their families come to Rotorua for the hot pools, zorbing and other adventure activities, but the city is far more than just a tourist destination. Forget the socks and usual Father’s Day presents – treat Dad to a break in Rotorua this Father’s Day and show him how much you appreciate all he does.
If you’re planning a visit, why not learn a few things about the area and the activities available first?
Check out a few of these little-known facts about Rotorua before experiencing the adventures that we offer at Rotorua Super Passes for your Dad!
- The city’s full Maori name is Te Rotorua-nui-a-Kahumatamoemoe. Rotorua translates to ‘Second Lake’ while Kahumatamoemoe was the uncle of chief Ihenga, who the lake was discovered by.
- A town was created in 1883 to first promote Rotorua as a spa destination connected to Auckland by the Rotorua Express railway.
- As one of the biggest tourist destinations in New Zealand, and definitely the biggest one in the region, Rotorua attracts more than 3.2 million visitors every year, of which approx 1.7 million stay for at least 1 night.
- Lake Rotorua is the second largest in the North Island and hosts a variety of water based activities such as floatplanes, jetboating, parasailing and dinner and lunch cruises.
- The lake was also the venue of the World Blind Sailing Championships in 2009 and the World Waterski championships in 2007.
- Home to the buried village of Te Wairoa, the Whakarewarewa Thermal Village and Rotorua Museum, the city is a centre for Maori culture where a number of different Iwi are represented.
- Rotorua was the home of the Pink and White Terraces, an iconic natural wonder of New Zealand until 1886 when Mount Tarawera erupted. Thought to have been destroyed completely, two tiers were recently found at the floor of Lake Rotomahana in 2011.
Whether your Dad is into relaxing, exploring or something more adventurous – Rotorua has it all. With Rotorua Superpasses your Dad can choose the right adventure for him – from a Skyline Rotorua Gondola trip, Te Puia hangi dinner, an Off Road adventure, exploring Paradise Valley Springs, Kawarau Jet parasailing to an Agrodome adventure.
There’s so much to choose from yet you can treat Dad with one easy pass that offers numerous activities all in one. All Rotorua Superpasses activities are located within close proximity to the heart of Rotorua so you can take in as much as possible in a short break. Being the only dedicated tourism company that specialises in combined sightseeing of attractions in Rotorua, we can help you to organize an amazing break tailored specifically for your Dad and his interests. This will ensure a Father’s Day to remember. We offer complete packages for the most discerning Dad, whether its adventure based, educational, agricultural, Maori heritage or geothermal activities.
With so much history and culture, we know that Rotorua is one of the best cities in the country, not just to visit, but to learn about, and your Dad will love it. Explore history for yourself at Whakarewarewa Thermal Village and Te Puia with one of our Super Passes before relaxing at Polynesian Spa or taking a tour on a Lakeland Queen cruise on Lake Rotorua. What better way to treat your Dad, and much more memorable than a new pair of socks. We hope to see you and your Dad this Father’s Day! Contact us today.
2 comments shared