COVID-19 UPDATE – What’s open in Rotorua & Taupo?
Rotorua and Taupo are now at Covid Protection Level Orange. Most tourism activities and attractions are currently open. Passes are open-dated so can be purchased and held until they re-open in the case of lockdowns.
Each activity will have different entry requirements during this time, but for the majority, you will need to:
- Wear a mask or face covering
- Practice social distancing
Please check the list below for open activities and specific operating hours and days (these may differ from the individual listings on this site as they are changing frequently).
- 3D Trick Art Gallery – 9am-5pm, 7 days
- aMAZEme – open 10am-4pm, Thursday – Monday
- Buried Village – 10am-4pm, Wednesday-Sunday
- Ernest Kemp – 7 days, departs 10.30am and 2.30pm
- Hobbiton Movie Set Tours – tours at 9.30am, 10.45am, 12.00pm, 1.15pm and 2.30pm or private tours on request, 7 days. Departures from Rotorua are not currently available
- Huka Falls River Cruise – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Hukafalls Jet – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Katoa Lake Rotorua – open 9.30am-4pm, 7 days
- Off Road NZ – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Orakei Korako – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Paradise Valley Springs – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Polynesian Spa – open 9am-10pm, 7 days
- Rotorua Canopy Tours – normal operating hours, 7 days
- Rotorua Duck Tours – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Rotorua Rafting – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Skyline Rotorua – open Monday to Friday from 10am, Weekends from 9am. Lunch Restaurant is open on weekends. Dinner Restaurant is open Thursday – Saturday nights
- Tamaki Maori Village – closed. Plan to re-open 1 December.
- Taupo Tandem Skydive – 7 days
- Te Puia – Te Puia is open Wednesday to Sunday from 10am to 4pm. Geyser By Night operates on the same days from 6.45pm to 9pm.
- Tongariro River Rafting – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Velocity Valley – open 9am-4pm, Thurs-Monday
- Volcanic Air – normal operation hours, 7 days
- Waikite Valley Thermal Pools – 10.30am-8pm, 7 days. Cafe open 12pm-6pm
- Waimangu – 8.30am to 5pm (last admission 3pm), 7 days
- Waiotapu – closed until further notice for refurbishment
- ZORB – Weekdays 10am-4pm, Weekends 10am-5pm, 7 days
Passes on this website are always available to purchase for use at a later date, and all passes have the ability to be rescheduled or open-dated.
Last updated 13 June 2022.