Take off from Lake Taupo!
Get on board a high-wing Cessna 206 seaplane for a Taupo scenic flight you won’t forget: experience your take-off (and landing) from the water, then enjoy unrestricted views, looking down on sparkling lakes, snow-capped mountains and volcanoes, geothermal wonders, rolling surf beaches and lush forest.
A Taste of Taupo
This short, but sweet Taupo Floatplane flight gives you the unique experience of a water takeoff and landing in a seaplane, with a bird’s eye view of Taupo’s local geothermal area and Huka Falls.
Take off from Taupo Bay on beautiful Lake Taupo, turning over Acacia Bay to the headwaters of the Waikato River to the Craters of the Moon. Then over the Borefields of the Wairakei Power station, following the maze of pipe work to the power station itself, followed by a circuit of the Huka Falls, over Taupo to land on the lakefront. (10 minutes Approx.)
Need a little extra time? Check out the Peek at the Lake flight.
A minimum of two adults are required for the Taupo Floatplane, and a maximum of 110kg per person.
- You’ll need a reservation for this activity! Entry your preferred time and day when you buy your activity
- This trip is with Taupo Floatplane and is approximately 10 minutes in duration
- See Lake Taupo, Acacia Bay and Huka Falls from the air
- Kids are aged 3 – 15 years old, under 3 years are free
- A family is 2 adults and up to 3 children
- Your booking may be combined with other people, but hey – you get to make new friends!
- Minimum of 2 adults required for a trip to go ahead
- The route of the trip may change if the weather is not great