When darkness falls the true love story of Rotorua’s geothermal wonderland comes to life.
Geyser by Night, Te Puia Light Trails. Where the love story of Rotorua’s geothermal wonderland comes to life. A must-do night experience in Rotorua!
Discover one of New Zealand’s most magnificent geothermal wonderlands – featuring dramatic geysers, bubbling mud and beautiful native bush. Until now, the magic hidden within Te Puia after hours has remained a secret that only Mother Nature has truly been exposed to. For the first time, the geothermal valley is revealed under night skies, providing a multi-sensory experience that can not be replicated anywhere else in the world. Hear the stories of the past and feel the beauty of Pōhutu in an interactive journey guided by light.
Need to know:
- Includes a traditional pudding cooked in a natural hot spring and a hot chocolate under the stars
- Open Wednesday to Sunday nights from 7pm
- 90 Minute duration
- 3km night trail through the geothermal valley guided by torchlight under the stars
- Walking shoes needed and a medium level of fitness
- Ponchos and umbrellas provided if there are showers
- Participants must be 8 years and older (must be able to do a late night walk)
- No wheelchair access but a mobility scooter is available on request
- Departs from Te Puia Carpark 2 opposite the Hemo Road roundabout