This product is not currently available since Covid19. Bookings will only be accepted directly.
Solo Bungy Jump
This is the North Island’s most popular bungy jump and is a real blast. The unique cantilever platform projects out from the cliff-top, above the inviting waters of the Waikato River below. Whether you choose to bungy solo or tandem, the highly trained crew at Taupo Bungy pride themselves in providing you with an exhilarating and safe bungy experience. If you want to add even more thrills to your jump, why not try a water touch?
Located in the stunning volcanic Waikato River Valley, Taupo Bungy is considered one of the world’s most spectacular bungy sites, featuring the world’s first cantilever platform and New Zealand’s first ‘splash cam’.
Where did Bungy Jumping come from?
The idea of bungy jumping originated in the 1950’s, when footage was obtained by the BBC and David Attenborough, during a trip to the South Pacific nation of Vanuatu. Here they witnessed the ancient ritual of ‘land-diving’, whereby men and boys dive from a tall wooden tower (some up to 30metres high), with vines attached to their ankles in an attempt to break their fall. This practice continues today as both a land fertility custom and as a test of manhood.
Keen to double the fun? Combo your bungy up with the Cliffhanger Extreme Swing! Check it out here.
- 47-metre bungy jump over the crystal-clear Waikato River
- Photo and video options available after your jump
- Minimum age is 10 years old. If you are under 16, you’ll need permission from your legal guardian
- Child age is 10 – 15 years inclusive
- Minimum weight is 45 kgs, maximum 180kg
- Once the registration process is complete, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Taupo Bungy is located at 202 Spa Road, Taupo
- Open every day except Christmas day, 25th of December