Solo Extreme Swing
You are harnessed in, feeling safe, admiring the view, then OMG – the pin is pulled and you plummet towards the river, tear through the air, then gently swing in the breeze. What are you waiting for?…
This extreme swing is perfect for those challenged by the idea of leaping from a platform head-first. The Cliffhanger is a feet-first freefall and mind-blowing rush! Usually done in a seated position, we harness you up, leave you hanging mid-air for a few seconds before pulling the release pin – and away you go. Reaching speeds of up to 70 kp/h and arcing up to a 180 degree angle, this is much more than a swing in the park! Tandems recommended!
Taupo Bungy is the home of the Cliffhanger Extreme Swing, and is considered one of the world’s most spectacular bungy sites, featuring the world’s first cantilever platform and New Zealand’s first ‘splash cam’. Taupo Cliffhanger is New Zealand’s newest extreme swing, which lets swingers take in the view while they swing through nature. Operating since 2009, the swing has hosted over 15,000 people to date!
Keen to double the fun? Team up the Extreme Swing with a Bungy Jump. Check it out here.
- Swing over the crystal clear & picturesque Waikato River at 70 km/h
- Specially made harnesses for kids
- Photo and video options available after your swing
- Minimum age is 10 years old. If you are under 16, you’ll need permission from your legal guardian
- Child age is 10 – 15 years inclusive
- Minimum weight is 30 kgs, maximum 180kg
- Once the registration process is complete, tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable
- Taupo Bungy is located at 202 Spa Road, Taupo
- Open every day except Christmas day, 25th of December