Skydive from 12,000 ft!
Your skydive begins with a scenic plane ride up to 12,000ft. You’ll begin to get incredible views of Lake Taupo, Mount Ruapehu and Mount Ngauruhoe – also known as Mount Doom from Lord of the Rings.
After an insane 45 seconds of freefall, you’ll then float back to earth with a relaxing parachute ride with your tandem master, arriving safe and soundly back at the drop zone.
You’ll be buzzing long after your feet touch the ground.
#1 Skydive on Tripadvisor
Taupo Tandem Skydiving is New Zealand’s #1 Rated Skydive on Tripadvisor. Operating for over 25 years, they are the original tandem dropzone in NZ – they’ve thrown over 200,000 crazy people out of their planes! A skydive with TTS is unforgettable – you’ll see volcanoes, coast-to-coast views of the North Island and the incredible shores of Lake Taupo
- Includes solo tandem skydive from 12,000 ft
- 45 seconds of free fall
- Incredible views of Lake Taupo, ‘Mt Doom’, and the North Island
- Complimentary pickups within Taupo and Rotorua. Taupo pick ups run throughout the day in their SWEET stretch Hummer! Rotorua pick ups are at 12.30pm and return to Rotorua at around 5pm.
- There’s no age limit, but you need to be able to fit in the harness
- Maximum weight is 100kg
- Jumpsuit, goggles, hat and buff provided
- The actual skydive portion will take around 30 minutes and ideally you will be finished in about 2 hours including your photos and videos, but allow 2-3 hours for the entire process to allow for operational and weather delays.
- Taupo Tandem Skydive is located at the Taupo Airport, Anzac Memorial Drive, Taupo
- Open every day except Christmas day, Boxing Day and New Years Day