This stand-up paddleboard (SUP) tour starts on an ancient volcanic crater Lake Rotorua, which is Rotorua’s largest and most historic lake, then paddle down the Ohau Channel that connects Lake Rotorua with Lake Rotoiti.
The Channel is a calm, slow river surrounded by historic maraes, scenic reserves; the riverbank lined with native trees and birds.
We finish this tour at the popular Okere falls arm. An amazing trip with breathtaking scenery. Perfect for novice paddlers. Rain or shine, this trip is awesome! It’s one of the best ways to experience New Zealand – walking on water…
- Allow 2.5 hours (1 hour paddle time)
- Guided stand up paddleboard tour
- Departs 9am, 12pm & 3pm daily during summer. Winter times on demand
- Minimum age 5 years
- No experience necessary!
- Free photos
- Bring a swimsuit & towel. A hat or cap is recommended but not essential. Everything else is provided
- Free transfers from central Rotorua available (booking required)
- Food options available nearby to satisfy your hunger (not included in price)