Rotorua’s Waikite Valley Thermal Pools is a natural thermal bathing complex. Water for the pools comes straight out of the Te Manaroa natural boiling spring. It is then cooled before entering the pools.
This 100% natural thermal water is not treated with any chemicals nor is it filtered or recycled back into the pools. The ‘Living Waters’ of Waikite Valley is the only thermal pool complex of this size in New Zealand using only 100% pure natural geothermal water.
Indulge in the soft calcite-laden mineral water in temperatures of 35-38°Celsius seducing you into a total state of relaxation. Waikite Valley Thermal Pools season passes make thermal bathing a truly affordable indulgence to be enjoyed all year round.
- Includes access to the Settlers Pool, Sit & Soak Pool, Tranquil Garden Pool and the Pergola Pool
- Natural Spring water
- Includes free access to Te Manaroa Spring Eco- Trail walkway
- Changing facilities include hot showers and are wheelchair friendly
- Does not include entry to private pools
- Children are aged 5-15 years
- Open daily from 10am – 9pm (first pools start closing around 8.30pm)
- Closed Christmas Day